PEER SUPPORTED TRAINING
BRING YOUR IDEAS TO LIFE
Rise’s Peer Supported Training provides you with educational, business advisory, and mentorship support.
Peer Support Start Up Program Client
“Rise has focused my business strategy, provided motivation, and helped to open the door to opportunities for me. That’s been thanks to my mentor.”
There’s strength in numbers. This program begins with free small business training to support you as you develop your business plan, entrepreneurship skills and the confidence to launch and grow your business. To encourage the business launch and growth, you’ll work in a group of 2 to 6 entrepreneurs to access coaches, and peer support. It’s a great way to grow your business while gaining knowledge through shared experiences.
What does the program includes:
- Training: Eight weeks of practical, hands-on workshops focused on developing business skills and producing a viable business plan.
- Peer Business Coaching: During the program, you will join a group of 2 to 6 people. You will meet with your peer group and a business coach to gain the necessary business support and guidance as you bring your idea to life.
- Financing: Once you graduate, you will receive a $300 start-up grant or the previously mentioned refurbished laptop. You may be eligible to apply for a low-interest small business loan from Rise if you need additional start-up funds.
Selection for the program will be based on the viability of the business idea, the strength of the applicant’s commitment to starting a business and the applicant’s readiness to participate in the program.
What are the benefits?
- Business development: Gain the skills and confidence to develop your idea and launch your business.
- Networking: Network with like-minded individuals and build connections with local entrepreneurs.
- Coaching: Our coaching program is designed to provide you with the necessary business support and guidance as you bring your idea to life.
- Financing: Successful grads can apply for a low-interest startup business loans through Rise
Where: Virtual delivery of Peer Supported Startup Program is offered across Canada.
When: Rise will offer 3 cohorts of the Peer Supported Startup Program from September 2020 – April 2021.
- Applications for cohorts are currently closed. Please check back again.
Cost: The program is free of charge for all participants.
*Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and will close approximately one week before the cohort start date*
Eligible individuals must:
- Have a practical idea to start or grow your own for-profit small business (any size, full or part-time)
- Self-identify as having experienced mental health and/or addiction challenges
- Be unable to access traditional bank financing for your small business
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Be over 30 years of age
Still Want to Learn More?
Idea Generator Workshop:
This workshop will take you through interactive activities that allow you to explore ideas and possibilities to start you on your entrepreneurship journey. During the workshop, facilitators will hopefully help participants answer a few questions like:
- What are the pros and cons of self-employment?
- What can I do to turn the things I love into a business?
- Is running a business even right for me?
- How can I harness my creativity to come up with innovative ideas?
You’ll also receive more information about our upcoming training programs and how you can sign up.
Currently, there are no upcoming dates for the Idea Generator. Please check back on this page for future updates.