Job Posting: Systems Administrator – Rise (Toronto)
Full-time, Temporary (Parental Leave Replacement)
Closing Date: Monday, December 9 at 11:59 pm
Launched in 2009, Rise is the only national charity dedicated to helping people who have experienced barriers to meaningful employment due to mental health and addiction challenges. Rise provides training, resources and low-interest microloans so clients can pursue self-employment.
Rise is seeking a passionate IT professional who is an innovative thinker and who likes to think beyond a job description. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the full range of technology and data solutions at Rise, with Salesforce and Microsoft Office as our foundation. This role presents a unique and challenging balance between user support and technical skills and is critical to the success of our expansion plans.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be based in Toronto as part of the head office team and will work remotely with Rise staff in 10 locations across Canada. This is a career-building opportunity where you will be responsible for all aspects of our data and digital services at Rise.
Show us that you have an inquiring mind and that you love to ask questions and explore new solutions! We are a small but mighty team looking for someone with the right combination of technical skills, “go-to” attitude and a strong dedication to our mission.
Visit us at www.risehelps.ca
1. Office 365 Administration
a. Monitor and maintain Office 365 systems, including Hosted Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive and related products
b. Ensure the operational health of the SharePoint online environment including security & availability
c. Manage user onboarding and account setup/maintenance, training and offboarding processes
2. Salesforce Administration
a. Serve as the primary administrator for a Salesforce environment with 20+ users (major projects will be outsourced)
b. System configuration, maintenance and upgrades
c. Create, manage and monitor all end-user training and adoption protocols
d. Design reports and dashboards to support programs and fundraising
e. Work closely with the CEO and COO to support organizational reporting and impact evaluation metrics
3. Website Administration (WordPress)
a. Design and implement updates to web pages
b. Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools
c. Ensure core WordPress and plugin currency
d. Implement SEO strategy, including paid search, content augmentation and social media to optimize SEO
e. Advise Programs staff on implementation of special digital projects, such as annual Impact Report creation and online directory of Rise entrepreneurs
f. Coordinate with external vendors on special projects as required
4. Systems Support / Help Desk
a. Monitor and maintain office IT, voice and teleconferencing systems, including
workstation set-up, staff onboarding and training, equipment allocation and technical support
b. Document and respond to support requests from staff and external users of
Salesforce, Office 365 and other Rise systems
c. Work with Programs staff to design, execute and evaluate mass mailing campaigns using MailChimp and Salesforce.
d. Work with our internal management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
e. Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce.com and Office365 skill set across the organization
f. Model Salesforce and Office best practices for all users
g. Complete regular internal system audits and prepares for upgrades
SKILLS / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• Excellent data analytics, visualization, diagramming and documentation skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Engaging and supportive end-user training style
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (both technical and non-technical)
• Fluency in oral and written English
• Have an “I don’t know everything, but I can learn anything” attitude.
• Highly trustworthy and bondable
• Proficient with Office365, WordPress, HTML, CSS and multi-factor authentication in an Office 365 environment
• Experience with cloud-based form builders, MailChimp, Salesforce report builder, Apex Data Loader, Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack will be an asset
• Minimum 1-year experience in a Salesforce environment
• Salesforce Administration certification is preferred
• Undergraduate degree or technical certificate, or equivalent experience
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
Employment Start Date: January 15, 2020
Contract Duration: Parental Leave – approximately 12 months
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and kindly include “Systems Administrator” and your name in the subject line. Due to our status as a charity, please indicate your salary expectations. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
All applicants are notified that, where needed, accommodation for disabilities will be provided on request. This includes accommodation for attending interviews and assessment tests.