Job Posting: Loan Administrator
Rise is Canada’s only national charity dedicated to helping people with mental health or addiction challenges achieve financial independence through self-employment or small business ownership.
Our clients reflect many diverse groups that experience barriers related to access to service. They self – identify including 60% who are women, 20% who are BIPOC and 30 % persons with low income.
Rise aims for a fully diverse team of staff and volunteers to ensure that our funding, programs and services respect and reflect clients’ needs.
For 10 years, Rise has financed, trained, mentored and coached over 1000 entrepreneurs disbursing over $ 2 million in over 500 small loans. Our programs enable clients to hone their skills, achieve their goals and live their dreams.
The Rise Loan Administrator is a front-line, client service role. This position, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, is responsible for the administration of Rise’s loan portfolio, including loan documentation and disbursement, payments and compliance monitoring, and reporting on loans in the portfolio. We are seeking a creative problem solver who brings meticulous attention to detail, data analytics skills and strong empathy to this multi-faceted role.
Key Job Responsibilities
Loan Adminsitration / Client Interface
- Proactively monitor loan repayments, working with clients to accommodate modifications or restructuring, within Rise guidelines
- Identify and report on client success stories; encourage client participation in Rise events, including the Rotman Family Entrepreneurship Awards and the Rise Holiday Marketplace
- Be the expert on client business needs; research and recommend new client support and engagement practices
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of the loan portfolio through meticulous and timely record-keeping
- Update Rise’s Salesforce-based CRM and external electronic funds transfer system with payment and other information, as necessary
- Working with the Lending Program Manager, review CRM processes and develop recommendations for improvements
- Work with Lending Program Manager to make quarterly write-off recommendations to COO
- Conduct exit interviews at loan redemption and prepare reports, as necessary
Compliance & Reporting
- Monitor compliance with payment and quarterly reporting requirements and work with the Lending Program Manager to follow up with clients who are non-compliant.
- Monitor at-risk loans
- Provide regular progress reports on loan closings, modifications, repayment and delinquency
- Execute, monitor and respond to Quarterly Reports
- Prepare reports, including regular client success stories, as required for management, marketing & communications and board of directors
- Ensure that Rise has the data needed for donor and funding reports
- Recommend and develop additional reports as beneficial
- In collaboration with the COO, lead the development of risk reporting and risk management policies and procedures
Loan Closing & Disbursement
- Once loans are approved by the Loan Review Committee or internal review, conduct document compliance check
- Complete loan documents for Business Advisors and upload executed documents to the CRM
- Maintain electronic files of all loan documents
- Set up loan disbursement and repayment schedule in CRM and EFT
- Prepare and distribute Rise Welcome Package to new loan clients
- Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in Business/Commerce required
- 2-5 years’ work experience in a client/customer centric environment
- Experience working with marginalized clients and communities
- Analytical with strong data skills including advanced Excel capabilities and familiarity with CRM and other technology support tools
- Constructive relationship builder
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong administrative capabilities with ability to juggle and prioritize many simultaneous tasks
- Empathetic, supportive and optimistic despite challenges
- Confident, assertive and risk tolerant with good judgement
- Service and solutions oriented
- Flexible, adaptable and persistent with a sense of urgency
Application Deadline: Jan. 27, 2021
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and kindly include “Loan Administrator” and your name in the subject line. The salary range for this position is $39,000 – $44,000.
Rise is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We actively seek racialized and indigenous persons, people with disabilities, (including people who have experienced mental health and addiction challenges), and additional diverse identities for our team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. All applicants are notified that, where needed, accommodation for disabilities will be provided on request. This includes accommodation throughout the recruitment process.