Job Posting: Finance Administrator
Rise is a national charity that empowers Canadians with mental health and addiction challenges to achieve greater economic and social inclusion through entrepreneurship training, small business loans and custom supports. Rise strengthens communities by unleashing the entrepreneurial spirit of all Canadians with mental health challenges.
For 10 years, Rise has financed, trained, mentored and coached over 1000 entrepreneurs disbursing over $ 2 million in over 500 small loans. Our programs enable clients to hone their skills, achieve their goals and live their dreams.
Our clients reflect many diverse groups that experience barriers related to access to service. They self – identify including 60% who are women, 20% who are BIPOC and 30 % persons with low income.
Check out our Impact Report.
We’re growing – to the point that we need a part-time (7-10 hours per week) finance professional, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer who will manage Rise’s financial processes and reporting.
If you’re excited by the idea of working for an impactful organization where you can use your creative, analytical and problem-solving abilities to help achieve big results, this job may be for you!
Key Job Responsibilities
Full service bookkeeping – timely and accurate maintenance of accounting transactions & records in Quickbooks including:
- Banking & reconciliations
- Revenues and donations
- Donations processing, receipting and reconciliation in eTapestry in compliance with CRA guidelines.
- Accounts payable using EFT Canada
- Liaise with external auditors for year-end audit; complete government submissions & filings; stay current with CRA requirements, including HST and annual charity filings
- Run semi-monthly payroll (knowledge of Ceridian required)
- Integrate Ceridian records into accounting records
- Calculate and remit employee benefit premiums
- Generate monthly financial and loan portfolio reports, with variance analysis
- Track and report on multiple programs per budgets
- Prepare financial forecasts and cash flow reports as required by management and board
- Prepare annual and multi-year budgets with the COO and CEO for the Finance, Audit & Risk Committee and Rise board
- CPA, CPB or accredited university or college diploma in accounting, economics, commerce or business, with knowledge of Quickbooks Desktop.
- 5+ years’ experience in financial accounting with demonstrated financial management skills.
- Experience in the non-profit sector with knowledge of Canadian non-profit accounting standards and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver accurate and timely results in a fast-paced multifaceted role.
- Self-starter who can operate independently and wants to be a contributor to Rise’s continued success and growth
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Flexibility to respond to COO and CEO requests in a timely manner
- Experience with grant reporting to multiple stakeholders
Application Deadline: Monday, February 22, 2021
Please send your cover letter and resume in a single document to email@example.com and include “Finance Administrator” in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations/hourly rate, or your application will not be considered.
Rise is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We actively seek racialized and indigenous persons, people with disabilities, (including people who have experienced mental health and addiction challenges), and additional diverse identities for our team. All applicants are notified that, where needed, accommodation for disabilities will be provided on request. This includes accommodation throughout the application processes.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.