ENTERPRISEING YOUTH PLUS
TURN YOUR PASSION INTO A BUSINESS!
Design your business online with EnterpRlSEing Youth Plus, a free 8-week entrepreneurship program, which combines the accessibility and flexibility of online learning with virtual classroom support and coaching.
RISE LENDING CLIENT
“Rise has helped me recognize that I have the capability to start and run my own business”
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
EnterpRlSEing Youth Plus is right for you if you are an aspiring entrepreneur aged 16 to 29 and you self-identify as having experienced mental health and/or addiction challenges.
EnterpRlSEing Youth Plus is a hybrid program that combines the accessibility and flexibility of online learning with virtual support and coaching.
What does the program include?
- Online Learning: Complete 15 online learning modules on EnterpRISEing Youth that cover all the topics you need to develop a business plan
- Coaching: Gain support from your peers and business coaches over 4 live virtual workshops
- Financing: Once you graduate, you will receive a $300 start-up grant. You may be eligible to apply for a low-interest small business loan from Rise if you need additional start-up funds.
What are the benefits?
- Business development: Gain the skills and confidence to develop your idea and launch your business.
- Networking & Coaching: Network with like-minded individuals and build connections with local entrepreneurs and experienced business professionals.
- Financing: Successful grads can apply for a low-interest start–up business loans through Rise.
Who: Open to youth ages 16 to 29
Where: Virtual delivery accessible across Canada
When: Rise will offer six (6) cohorts from September 2021 to March 2022:
- September 20 to November 8, 2021 — Mondays, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET
- October 12 to November 29, 2021 — Mondays, 8:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. ET
- October 25 to December 13, 2021 — Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. ET
- January 10 to February 28, 2022 — Mondays, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. ET
- February 8 to March 29, 2022 — Tuesdays, 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. ET
- February 22 to April 12, 2022 — Tuesdays, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. ET
Cost: The program is free of charge to all participants.
*Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and will close approximately one week before the cohort start date*
Other: Are you a resident of Ontario? Check out our other youth entrepreneurship program here.
- Have a practical idea to start or grow your own for-profit small business (any size, full or part-time)
- Self-identify as having experienced mental health and/or addiction issue
- Have difficulty accessing traditional bank financing for your small business
- Be between the ages of 16 to 29
Still Want to Learn More?
Idea Generator Workshop:
This workshop will take you through interactive activities that allow you to explore ideas and possibilities to start you on your entrepreneurship journey. During the workshop, facilitators will hopefully help participants answer a few questions like:
- What are the pros and cons of self-employment?
- What can I do to turn the things I love into a business?
- Is running a business even right for me?
- How can I harness my creativity to come up with innovative ideas?
You’ll also receive more information about our upcoming training programs and how you can sign up.
Currently, there are no upcoming dates for the Idea Generator. Please check back on this page for future updates.